Health Insurance Is Now Required By Law!
With the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), health insurance is now required of and available to nearly all Americans. As a result, SOMA’s exclusive association group health insurance policy became unnecessary and has been terminated by the insurer. Instead, as a member, you may now access, without charge, the services of a professional insurance advisor who specializes in health coverage and understands the ACA.
Highlights And Important Considerations
- No charge for using the service and no obligation to purchase insurance
- All pre-existing conditions covered by law
- Assistance provided in applying for federal subsidies to help qualifying individuals pay for their insurance
- Getting insurance avoids the ACA penalty - greater of $695 or 2½% of income
- Signing up for coverage is only permitted during the annual open enrollment period (except in the event of certain qualifying “life events” such as marriage or loss of group insurance coverage, etc.)
- Service is available in all states using Healthcare.gov (the federal insurance exchange) and certain states operating their own exchanges - call for details
AVOID EXCHANGE FRUSTRATION
Understanding and signing up for health insurance through the online “exchanges” on your own can be, to say the least, difficult. Advice from an insurance professional can help you find the right plan and sign up for any federal subsidies to which you may be entitled to help pay for your coverage.
November 1, 2015 through January 31, 2016